The Yogadance® Kids Teacher Training is an International 3 Day Intensive travelling the globe.
Learn how to make Yoga and Mindfulness fun for Kids through Storytelling, Movement, Music, Games and Relaxation Vacation and Join us in growing Happy, Healthy, Resilient and Mindful children.
In this comprehensive and fun filled 3 Day Intensive you will learn how to design and facilitate Yogadance® Kids classes suitable for children 3-12yrs & the entire family.
The Yogadance® Kids Teacher Training is an in-depth mix of theory and hands on practice. You will explore telling stories, doing, inventing and instructing kids yoga poses, designing yoga dances, playing games and learning more about breath work and relaxation for children 3-12 yrs.
Incorporated in this training are the core principles of traditional yoga, mindfulness and elements of the Waldorf and Montessori teaching method and philosophy.
Yogadance® Kids focuses on educating and exercising and with it’s method addresses the whole child in all areas of development.
You go home with:
• Internationally Recognised Certificate
• Comprehensive Manual
• Digital 150+ Kids Yoga Poses Alphabet A-Zet booklet
• CD with 21 tracks & 12 Story Plans to get you started
• Tons of practical and fabulous ideas
• High motivation to start your classes
This training is for:
• Anyone who loves yoga and dance and working with children
• Yoga and dance teachers wanting to specialize
• (pre)Schoolteachers wanting to bring the benefits of yoga and dance to their classrooms
• Parents who are looking for new ways to connect with their children and family
• Anyone who wants to expand a current related profession or learn a new one!
What you will learn:
• how to structure age appropriate classes for kids (3-12 yrs)
• different ways of teaching within one and the same template
• how to tell and find stories
• how to design Yoga Dances
• how to manage a class
• a wide variety of yoga poses, dance exercises & creative games
• child friendly breathing and relaxation exercises
• how to create a Yogadance Class for the entire family
• gentle touch and massage exercises and other ways to connect, give and receive
• practical theory on child development and needs
• about teaching and your own teaching voice and style
• about marketing your classes
You will come out of this training with immediate, tangible knowledge and many fabulous ideas!
The Yogadance® Kids Teacher Training gives you an internationally recognised professional qualification.
You will be able to teach in (pre) schools, kindergartens, nurseries, community centres, yoga studio’s, gym’s/health clubs, yoga birthday parties, privately and in your own living room.
“Having Luna as a teacher was pure delight for me. I find her way of explaining things through direct experience entertaining and exciting and this has also speeded up my learning. I love her strong presence in the now, so much needed to successfully work with children. I feel inspired and very well prepared and equipped to start my own classes.“ Asha Ali (Graduate UK Training April 2014)
Luna Joy Schuurman is the founder and director of Yogadance® Kids, an organization providing yogadance classes in schools, nurseries and the community, and a 3 Day Intensive Teacher Training Course worldwide for yoga / school teachers and all people and professionals whose work supports the well-being of children.
Luna Joy is a fully qualified Primary School Teacher – Mainstream and Waldorf – a Kids Yoga Teacher, a 200hr Yoga Elder registered with IYN (Independent Yoga Network) and a fully trained VitalDanza® Facilitator for children and adults.
She trained to be a Kids Yoga Teacher with Dolfijn Wellness in Holland and three other Kids Yoga Trainings in the UK and Ireland.
She developed the Yogadance® Kids Teacher Training Course based on her 20 years of experience in working with children in all kinds of settings, as a Class Teacher, a Dance Teacher for Children/Adults, a Kids Yoga Teacher, and as a Project Manager and Educator working in a Social-Educational Project for children working in the streets in Nicaragua, Central America.
Luna Joy was born in Perth, West-Australia, grew up in Holland and currently lives in Forest Row, East Sussex, UK with her husband and daughter.